Thursday, October 13, 2011

God block

Psalm 15

A psalm of David. 1 LORD, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
   Who may live on your holy mountain?

 2 The one whose walk is blameless,
   who does what is righteous,
   who speaks the truth from their heart;
3 whose tongue utters no slander,
   who does no wrong to a neighbor,
   and casts no slur on others;
4 who despises a vile person
   but honors those who fear the LORD;
who keeps an oath even when it hurts,
   and does not change their mind;
5 who lends money to the poor without interest;
   who does not accept a bribe against the innocent.

   Whoever does these things
   will never be shaken.



    No person on this earth matches this to a "T". Many strive, but we are human and we fall short, it's life. I wonder though when it's evident that some of us have dismissed these virtues (consciously or not) and they're involved in a position that affects us, do we approach them about it? Serving in any capacity that puts you "in charge" comes with mass amounts of accountability and trust has to be earned. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but how do we get so easily rounded up, and put right back where we started? Where's the line between "God's plan" and "man's plan?" Do toes need to be stepped on to get beyond where we are? I get so stuck between what I see going on, and what is "right" as a Christian. The truth is, God is not going to wrestle us for control, He doesn't need to.. it's as pointless as arguing with a toddler. So when is it okay to NOT agree and be comfortable with the way things are going? I know God always takes care, but is it enough to sit back and say that, or do we at some point need to take action?


   My friends, my heart is so broken and so heavy.. and some times I feel wrong for it. I feel wrong because I hear "there's unity" and "things are changing", but I don't see it and feel like I'm the only one. I feel like I've cried out to God so many times about the same thing over the past year, that He has me on "God block" (you know, like mom block when your kids are constantly calling your name?) I have had confirmations on some things, but I get insecure and wonder if they're my own thoughts instead. I pray that above anything God keeps me humble and helps me to be transparent, even when it's hard to be. If the change that needs to take place is in me, it is well and I embrace it.. but I pray for the wisdom and strength to not be cowardly or lead astray, but to stand firm in His truth and not be shaken. 




6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.- Peter 5:6&7

No comments:

Post a Comment