Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In Your Life, or in the Way of Your Life?

   A quick story before I get to my point. Before having my son, I worked in a daycare with many underprivileged kids (not all of them, but more than not). One little girl had a very rough situation.. her and I connected and she touched my heart so deeply, I remember her the best out of all the kids that went through there and pray for her from time to time. While at the carnival on Monday, I saw her and my heart was so happy to just know she's ok :) I watched her big smile as she enjoyed one of the rides we were in line for and it was the same beautiful smile she had at 4 years old. She must be about 11 or 12 now, she is taller than me, and she probably doesn't remember me.. but I felt as though I found a long lost child, and just wanted to run over and hug her and tell her how much I've missed her.

   In the same way, I know God was showing me how He feels about those who once walked with Him. Everyday spending time with them, watching them grow and just having that personal relationship with them. He was showing me how much He still loves them and thinks about them, even after they've walked away. He taught me that emotional meaning of the parable about the prodigal son, and showed me a glimpse of the joy and fullness that comes of a child returning home. It's beyond all human intensity and ability to understand how much He truly loves us!

  I believe those who know the truth, but maybe have lost the desire to walk and talk with Him daily, are in need a fervent prayer. I'm not talking about those who don't attend church weekly, your church attendance record doesn't measure your relationship with Jesus at all. I'm talking about those inside and outside of the church who believe in Him, who may love Him, but don't necessarily KNOW Him.

  I have noticed a rise in "Apostate Christianity", which is mentioned in the book of Revelation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. Rev 3:15-17 I know I have sat through those conversations with people where they know all the scriptures, and know all about the teaching of Jesus and say they believe.. but there's almost a lack of evidence in their life. It seems as though they keep just enough of Jesus as a " feel-safe", while justifying their own lusts by finding others who agree with them. They search for loop-holes, and live without fear of Him. They fail to realize that their "loop-holes" are self-made, to avoid the convictions they feel. So what do we do? How do we reach out to them? Well, probably the best way.. to follow what God's word tell us.

 Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching. For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths. But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.- 2 Timothy 4:2-5

   Why should we focus on them? Because they are part of the flock.They are the church attenders, who are part of every ministry because they need to feel accepted, but have they accepted Him? They are the sons and daughters of Christ who have either been mislead, or hurt, or just simply fell away. They are the ones who claim victory, but run after other "idols" in their lives. They are on their way to destruction. “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ Matthew 7:21-23 They are in need of encouragement, and guidance, and most importantly love. And lastly, God deems them as worthy of His affection as we are.

   Time is growing short my friends. It's time to get up, time to let those passions become callings, and those burdens to become the drive of your ministries! It's time we rise up.

No comments:

Post a Comment