Friday, February 11, 2011

What can we do FOR Him?

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." - 1 John 5:14


  I wonder how much would it change our lives to pray for His will and not ours? I know I can be impatient about things. I tend to give up if I don't see results right away. It's something God has been helping me with.. needless to say, I've been praying A LOT and He's been telling me to WAIT A LOT! lol. It's not that I'm impatient with everything, I am just a dreamer and tend to run away with ideas.


  But I stop and think, if I got immediate results for everything, how much less time would I spend seeking Him? I kind of offended myself! I love God, I'd spend time with Him still. Then I thought about my prayer life, and how many times I talk to God throughout the day to ask Him for something. When do I ever take the time to THANK Him, or ask Him what I can do FOR Him? I noticed my prayer life was a little more about my needs, than asking what He needs from me. In most cases I'm praying for someone, but even in that I've changed the way I pray. Instead of asking for God to help Auntie Bucky with her depression, (no I don't have one, it's just an, odd and random name I made up) I ask God what I can do to encourage her. It allows us to put prayer in to action by letting God use us as a tool, as well as an intercessor.


Another thing I'm not so good at, is waiting. Waiting for an answer in HIS timing. But honestly, when I look at the big picture, it's like reading a really good book! You read it as often as you can, diligently trying to get to the end. If you just skipped to the ending, all the greatest details would be left out. God desires our heart and also our time. He wants us to have to rely on Him... God is so magnificent and intricate, and here I am trying to size His works, into a quick book of Cliff's notes. Our Father is an artist, He's all about the tiniest details as He illustrates His story for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment