Monday, April 25, 2011

Nothing is impossible

Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But not with God. Everything is possible with God.” - Mark 10:27

    There have been many things in my life that I have deemed impossible. Over and over I think and say "I can't do it" or "that will never happen". I'm not normally a pessimistic person, but there are some dreams I give up on because I attempt to pull my "dreamer" mentality into a "realist" mentality. I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing. If I put limits on the things I am passionate about or would like to see happen, then maybe I am putting limits on God? 

    I believe we are all made in accordance to His perfect will. I believe that He works miracles as means to encourage us, to remind us He is still a living God. I believe if He calls, He will equip. But I also believe we all come across our equipment in different ways, and always at the perfect time! Our equipment can be anything we need to further His kingdom in the way He has required us. For some, it's a life-changing miracle (or maybe many!) for some it's finances and for others it may be people to keep us accountable. There are so many ways God can equip us. I also believe He allows us to go through situations, to allow a little bit of breaking down so He can build us up into some thing better. 

    These things in my life I thought I "let die" and gave up dreaming about, I have felt God digging out of me. It's like watching a child put a puzzle together, and not finishing it because it's too hard. God is telling me to pick up the pieces and continue trying. It may take me a week, a year, the rest of my life.. but I know I don't want to miss out and be left with a missing piece in the beautiful life He has blessed me with! It's not always going to be easy, and we're not always handed the things we need.. but we are blessed with abundance as we work in our obedience. No where in the word does it say He is the God of the easy.. but it does say He is the God of the impossible!!! 

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how I look forward to these blogs. Thank you for listening and obeying "that still small voice"
    God bless

    ReplyDelete