Monday, May 2, 2011

My thoughts on Bin Laden..

   We have defeated a great enemy, are you rejoicing?


   I began to but like other friends of mine, a lot of thoughts went through my mind. First off, is this a hoax for political gain? Seeing as how it's the headline around the world, I'm going to say no it's not a hoax. It's hard to trust the media, but even though I don't care for him as a President, I don't think Obama is foolish enough to hit a new low and announce such a sensitive subject for our country, without cold hard facts. 


  Next I thought, am I wrong to rejoice with my country? I don't think God rejoices in seeing men fight each other, or seeing a man die without knowing Him. However, I don't think He is against war.. He himself ordered Israelites to go to war against other nations. He used war more than once to dissolve powerful leaders, and as awful a person he was, Bin Laden was powerful. I also thought about in the book of Exodus, and how God Himself allowed Pharaoh's heart to harden. Am I saying God allowed Bin Laden's heart to harden? Not necessarily. Maybe Bin Laden never heard of Jesus? The fact is we will never know. But God took Pharoah from the face of the earth with a hard heart, he needed to be removed in order for other things to take place. 


"And once again I will harden Pharaoh’s heart, and he will chase after you. I have planned this in order to display my glory through Pharaoh and his whole army. After this the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord!” So the Israelites camped there as they were told.- Exodus 14:4


  Lastly, what is going to happen now?? We aren't sure, and it is worrisome. I've decided to do nothing but follow His word on this one. If we sit here and think of all the possibilities, good and bad we will drive ourselves mad! I pray for all the muslims in our country, that they won't have to face discriminatory remarks and stereotypes like after 9/11. The more we worry, the more chance for skepticism and with that I believe we nurture the beginnings of hatred. "


So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."- Matthew 6:34


  I can't speak for you, but I know I will be rejoicing with my country. Not because a man has died, but because as a nation under God, we have been able to conquer! Remember David and Goliath.. Israel and Judah rejoiced in their victory, and though Bin Laden wasn't physically a giant.. he was a powerful giant as a leader. Our God is greater, and stronger.. and though it is sad to see souls die without knowing Christ.. we are not wrong in my opinion, to rejoice in conquering a giant!     


1 Samuel 17:51-54
When the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they turned and ran. 52 Then the men of Israel and Judah gave a great shout of triumph and rushed after the Philistines, chasing them as far as Gath and the gates of Ekron. The bodies of the dead and wounded Philistines were strewn all along the road from Shaaraim, as far as Gath and Ekron. 53 Then the Israelite army returned and plundered the deserted Philistine camp. 54 (David took the Philistine’s head to Jerusalem, but he stored the man’s armor in his own tent.)


God Bless America and thank you to our troops for defending us! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment