Saturday, May 7, 2011

Putting it before Him, or laying it before Him?

 Throughout our lives we question why certain aspect of our lives have gone awry, or haven't happened at all. Why has this happened for so and so, but not for me? We wait and writhe in the misery of feeling defeated, and feeling "it will never happen". For some, it's financially, relationship wise or a multitude of other things that are important to us. We forget that it's His timing, not ours. He has our best interest at heart, He see the whole picture. I believe in some cases, it's a result of sin by or or against us.. for finances it could be spending issues, in case of relationship it would be trust issues, whatever it may be. Then there are times we just feel stuck. What about those times?


  In the book of Exodus, we learn about our God in a different light.. He is jealous for us. You must worship no other gods, for the Lord, whose very name is Jealous, is a God who is jealous about his relationship with you.- Exodus 34:14 Have the very things you've been waiting for become "god" in your life? Do you find yourself living for this object, person or aspiration? Does it consume your thoughts, and make you thirsty for just a sip? 


  I have found myself sinking in to daydreams and planning for things that aren't even reality yet. While it's okay to dream and think about "one day", it is poisonous to let it consume you. It's a dangerous thing when you approach the line of putting this aspiration or desire between you and Him. You can be sure that He will remove it to get to you, and some times it means destruction. Be careful of the things you long for, they may be the very thing making the road longer. Be aware of your weaknesses, and resist temptations. Keep in mind the words in Jeremiah (29:11) "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." 


   I am a dreamer, I love nothing than to think about the future and the things I hope to accomplish in life. Everyone needs a dream to make a reality, but dreams can become a curse when you long for them to happen, instead of taking action. How can I expect to see the directions and provision God is giving me, if I am building a statue blocking my vision? We all need to step back from the things we hope for and ask ourselves "Am I PUTTING it before Him, or LAYING it before Him?" 
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and He will give you everything you need.- Luke 12:31

No comments:

Post a Comment