Sunday, March 20, 2011

Trembles at His Voice

The fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground.- Ezekiel 38:20



    The highest mass we know, the largest thing we can stand next to, a mountain can be easily moved by Him. This really puts me in a state of aw, in thinking if our God can move a mountain with His voice alone.. He must be ENORMOUS! Even beyond that, the earth.. the galaxy, the WHOLE universe fits in His hand. WOW. I'm not a scientist, but I'm pretty positive that we as humans don't even know how big the universe really is. 


   Isn't it amazing to think that God is so BIG and powerful, He can bring the earth, the universe to ruins with the sound of His voice? I wonder if this is why He speaks to us in that "still, small voice", maybe if He spoke out loud it would destroy us? I have lately been thinking on how BIG He is.. and it's impossible to wrap my mind around.


   Thinking on that, it makes me wonder if we could fathom the depths of His love, would it destroy us completely? I don't think we could hold such an affection, I think we would physically disintegrate trying to understand it all that we'd become dust. 


   Sometimes I can't help but wonder if the natural disasters are a result of God speaking to us in a tone that is not still and small. I think of the events that have occurred this year already, with fish dying in mass quantity, and birds falling from the sky. I don't think of it as God's wrath or God is punishing humans, b/c I don't think there is a perfect nation out there and I don't think God would just pick one. But it seems there's an uproar on this earth, and I can't help but wonder if God is speaking to nations. Has He spoken and the earth trembled at His voice? Was this a plea for us to wake up from our slumber and turn our focus to Him, that we may be still and know that He is a living God who still sits on the throne?  These are just my thoughts, things that I have been pondering.


   Lord, I pray these hardships we are facing all over the world, as a human race, are able to be used to glorify You. I pray that You work miracles greater than any of us have witnessed in our time. Lord, let your mercy reign down, hear our cries for help as part of your creation. Let us not treasure things that can fall and be shaken, but lift up Your name and stand firm in Your promises. To You be all the glory forever! Amen.


 25 See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven? 26 At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.” 27 The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain.28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, 29 for our “God is a consuming fire.”
   

No comments:

Post a Comment